Monday, June 8, 2009

All Things Gabrielle LaBelle

So this blog is dedicated to first miracle Miss Gabrielle Cydora. With all the focus and attention that Mr. Gabriel gets I sometime feel like Lil Mama doesn't always get all the attention that she deserves. Its those times that I find it challenging to be a single mom but I also try to always keep in mind that God never puts more on you than you can handle. So when I feel like I am not doing as much as I should be then I simply have no other choice than to FIGURE IT OUT!! It seems like she has become this little person overnight. There are things that she says and does that sometimes leave me shaking my head and speechless. Gabe's OT met her the other day and when I walked into the room she asked me how old she was. I told her that she was two and she looked at me in utter amazement and said she thought that based on the way that my daughter was speaking to her she thought that she was at least four. There are times when she is speaking to me that I even have to remind myself that she is only 2. We have this issue with her wanting to talk to Mommy while I am on the phone so everytime that she does it I have to remind her that mommy is "on the phone" and that it's not nice to talk to me at that time. So I was upstairs in her brother's room the other day and I was calling her for her help and she wasn't responding, so I start yelling a little louder well she eventually shows up with her cell phone to her ear and puts her finger to her mouth to shush me and tell me that she was "on the phone". What could I do? I had to wait until she was done with her call.

Every morning she comes into my room to announce to me that she is "woke". Well yesterday, on the way to my room, she overheard her brother in his crib talking. The next thing I know she has gone into his room and I hear her telling him in her best big girl voice "its okay lil man mommy gonna come get you." I swear before I know it my babygirl will be ready for college. It really does seem like yesterday that she was this helpless little baby that depended on me for everything. Now I find myself looking at a smaller version of myself who finds the darndest times to assert her ever growing independence. At that thought alone I have to quote Miss Gabrielle LaBelle and say "Jesus Da Main Line!!"

As you can see my life is never a dull moment. Not with the GForce controlling my life!!









2 comments:

  1. Bless you and your family. I know how it is to be a parent with a special needs child. Some days are the greatest and then some days are the worst. My advice....take one step at a time. Just remember Gab and Gabby needs you to be strong regrardless of your life struggles. Take care and enjoy your little ones

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I sent you a comment before.
    My son is now 13 years old with CP. I had him when I was just 20 years old. 13 years later...He's the greatest teacher and made me the woman I am today. I never thought my son would have something wrong with him. Never! Life throws you curves and you deal with it. He's my joy and No...I have no regrets. Please don't forget to take care of yourself. Sometimes we forget and let the world revolve around our little ones. Your blessings need a healthy well adjusted mom. It's very important to take care of yourselves with our life stresses. God bless and keep doing a good job taking care of your little angels

    ReplyDelete