Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mommie's Superman





Mr. Gabriel has been busy this week. He seems to be growing like a weed. The doctors tell me that he is only in the 25th percentile but the fact that at 7 months clothes that are a size 12 months seem to be too small tell me something different. In only 7 months time this little boy has taught me so much about life, unconditional love, strength, faith and that miracles come in every form you can think of. Everyday he continues to amaze me and I feel like God has entrusted me with one of the biggest blessings. Sometimes it is a bit overwhelming because when you realize that God has chosen you to nurture one of his miracles you worry that you will somehow mess it up. I have to question why he chose me, seems like there are so many other people more qualified than I, but my Mom always told me that God doesn't make mistakes!

His physical therapist is really pleased with his progress. He is really motivated to move, which sometime can be a not so good thing because he is determined to move even if its not the correct way. But he is doing a FABULOUS JOB..... he's sitting up, rolling all across the room and even starting to try and crawl. His speech therapist loves the way that he controls his drool, moves his lips and is so observant when someone is talking. I get so consumed with all these things that sometimes I forget that this isn't what every mom goes through on a daily basis. I am still in the struggle to try and maintain a healthy balance of allowing him to just be a kid and making sure that everything that he does only continues to help him develop properly.

I think that someone forgot to mention to Gabe that they diagnosed him with DS and that there are certain perceptions of how he is supposed to be. He seems to defy all the odds they continue to try and stack against him. The narrowing in his aorta has totally absolved itself, he obviously has no feeding issues and he is talking up a storm. All the things they wanted to tell me he wouldn't do HE IS DOING!! Gabriel will exceed every limit placed before him. HE is the only one who can control what he will or won't do, not his genetic makeup!

I really believe that Gabriel will change the world! Welcome to my miracle!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment