Friday, May 8, 2009

A Lazy Kind Of Day







So we are getting ready for Mother's Day and hoping that there is some sunshine on that day! Gabe seems to be growing so much right before my eyes. I was in the kitchen on the phone one day last week, while Gabe was on the floor for that coveted TUMMY TIME, and I looked over and my little miracle had turned over from his back to his tummy. Seeing that just made me stop mid sentence and bust out in tears. While that might seem small to most it was huge to me because Gabe just continues to develop right on time. I am determined not to allow him to be defined by his TR21 diagnosis and it seems he is too. God I absolutely adore this child. Ever since that day he has been rolling all over the house. I looked up one day and he was under the bed. His physical therapist told me that he was really determined to start moving and once he started he wouldn't stop, boy was she ever right.
Of course now that means even though I am putting him to sleep on his back he is immediately turning over. So of course I am scared to death of the whole SIDS thing but his pediatrician assures me that if he can turn over he can sleep on his stomach and the risk of SIDS decreases the older he gets. That still doesn't stop me from getting up in the middle of the night and checking on him. And since I can't have any bumpers in the crib that means when he is moving all around at night he inevitably gets his legs stuck between the crib bars and can't get out. Ya gotta love him!
I am sure he'll be up and walking in a few months and then the fun begins. If he is moving around this much just by rolling I can only imagine what is going to happen when he becomes fully mobile. I guess I won't have to go to the gym to lose these pesky last few baby pounds afterall because I am sure they will fall off when I start chasing him all over the house! LOL!
On that note I am going to go and see if the Prince has awakened from his nap. Before I go I just want to share that I am in the process of starting the Gabriel's Blessings Foundation. It is designed to provide a number of resources to those that are diagnosed with Down Syndrome and their families. It will be up and running in a few months and then let the blessings begin!! More on that later my Prince is calling!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment