Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Today is a New Day and It's A GREAT One


Okay so yesterday's mini melt-down is over. It's strange how it seemed to have just come out of nowhere. But I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason so I know it was meant to happen. Anyway I woke up this morning feeling much better. Little Man had a really good night last night. He has been sleeping through the night for at least two months now but the constant congestion and his breathing has made it difficult for me to sleep through the night. The doctor's keep telling me that he is too young to have allergies but I say otherwise. I constantly have the humidifier and air purifier running but I can't really say that those things really help. But I keep them on just in case they can make even the slightest bit of difference. I think that I am going to have to remove all the curtains in my house and put blinds up because a friend was telling me just how much dust curtains hold. Oh well its all par for the course I suppose.

Just as I am typing this I can hear my son in there having an in depth conversation with his sister who, in her most motherly voice, instructs him to use his inside voice because she is trying to watch Dora. I find myself constantly listening to him to see if he is making any sounds with consonants instead of just enjoying the beautiful sound of my baby boy's voice. Its little things like this that could become taxing to you if you let it. In having a child that COULD have developmental delays I find myself sometimes losing the ability to just enjoy him being a child because I am so focused on making sure I minimize any type of delay that he may encounter. I feel bad because I can't remember half the things that I did when my daughter was 6 months old and she is only 2. So it makes me wonder if I just wasn't paying enough attention to her at the time. Who knew that it would be this intense all the time? I sure didn't. Oh well God has chosen me for this and since he doesn't make mistakes I am obviously equipped with the tools I need to make it through.

I am glad I had the melt down yesterday because it enabled me to find sites and blogs by people who know EXACTLY what I am going through and have felt the exact same things I am feeling. Its great when you can find people who mirror your thoughts and feelings. Well I just heard lil mama ask her brother "whats the matter lil man" so thats my cue to go investigate. Everyone have a wonderfully blessed day! I am off to enjoy my miracles!!!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for your comment on my blog! i can certainly relate to alot of what you are saying - from the overwhelmed feelings that sometimes creep up in regards to Down syndrome, to having a 2 year old daughter who loves watching Dora, haha!
    I'm really glad that you've decided to start a blog. Im looking forward to following your journey...

    ReplyDelete